Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hello Okefenokee

Last spring break, we wanted to see Mema (aka grandma). Since her city is close to Okefenokee Swamp and we have never been there, we took a day trip to the famous swamp with our Mema. 

The Okefenokee is the largest blackwater swamp in North America.

We were not satisfied by what the swamp park in Waycross is to offer us so we drove farther to Folkston to the Wildlife Refuge. We had lots of detour on the way but we made it by 4pm..  

Another family spotted baby gators quick as we were driving towards inside..

Then few minutes later, we spotted a gator on the side of the road...



We wanted to go to the famous board walk. I wanted a wide and long shot of  the trees and the road, so I urged my family to drive ahead of me as I walked behind them...


Nope.. I didn't get got by the gator :)






There's a raccoon!!



If you climb the observatory (aka tree house), a pretty view of the swamp beholds you.. We did arrive at the best time of the day to be at the swamp. 

My kids peeking at their Mema from below :D


On the way back we spotted the same gator at the same spot (We were debating if it was a statue.. Mema wanted to throw a stick to test it). But judging from 2 photos, it did move or changed its angle so only after I downloaded the photos we decided the gator was real ;-)


Bye Okefenokee, hoping to come back... next time we will definitely try the boat tour to see more wildlife :)

2 comments:

  1. Omg!!! My heart was racing when I saw that monster gator so close to Tin!!! Great work capturing this precious family moment in nature. Love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were ready to run away anyway..guess we will find out if it's real when we come back and he's still in the same spot... grandma wanted to throw a stick :)

      Delete